Photographer Tokyo Japan
My name is Giancarlo Marino. I’m a fashion, editorial, beauty and swimwear photographer based in Tokyo, I’m a pro photographer located in Japan.
My work has been described as classic, romantic and clean. Also hard and sometimes dramatic. These are all the qualities that make up the perfect image. I try to nail it every time.
I was born in Napoli, Italy. I picked up my first camera at age 12. It was a Kodak camera bought with the money I saved from my weekly allowance. I began photographing the beauty that surrounded me in my hometown. In high school I began to take interest in the beautiful Italian designers I saw in fashion magazines such as Vogue and W magazine. Being 100% Italian it was love at first sight. I was famous fashion and celebrity photographer Jerry Avenaim’s assistant for 1 year. Sometimes I use many of his advices to achieve the best results when I shoot.
As I started working as a freelancer photographer, I was part of advertising campaigns such as Armani, Diesel, Banana Republic, R&R Eye-wear. I collaborated with magazines such as Elle and Vogue. Worked in the Italian and US fashion industry for over 20 years before moving to Tokyo Japan.
I currently work mostly in the Asian fashion market.
Fashion Tv’s “Best Photographer” winner at the Cannes Film Festival 2013
My main interests are: Fashion, Beauty, Editorial and Swimwear Photography.
- Born in Napoli, Italy.
- Attended and graduated from the Institute of Arts in Napoli.
- Attended IED Milano (European Institute of Design). Three years Bachelor degree in Photography.
- Worked as a freelancer photographer for several Italian Fashion Magazines. Vogue Italia, GQ Italia, Vanity Fair Italia, Marie Claire Italia, etc.
- Moved and lived in Los Angeles.
- Assisted fashion and celebrity photographer Jerry Avenaim.
- Worked as a freelancer photographer for several US, European and Asian Fashion Magazines and brands. Elle, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Diesel, Banana Republic and Armani.
- Attended UCLA. Five years Master Degree in Computer Science.
- Moved and lived in Honolulu Hawaii.
- Moved and currently living in Tokyo Japan.
- Currently working all over Asia. Some of the brands include Roen, Venus Swimwear, Clear China, Hera Cosmetics, Zara Korea. Some of the magazines include Marie Claire China, Elle Korea, In Style Korea, Style Singapore, Harper’s Bazaar Singapore, Jessica HK, Esquire HK, etc.
Phone from Japan: 090 2333 2934
Phone from outside Japan: +81 90 2333 2934